Essex Living Landscape app
Fancy a day out enjoying the peace of the south-east Essex countryside? Discover the wildlife, the scenery and the history of the Belfairs and Daws Heath Living Landscape.
Explore the ancient woodlands of Southend-on-Sea and Daws Heath through walking trails, spoken histories, places of interest and a field guide. With interesting information guiding you on your exploration of the countryside and interaction for children, the iOS and Android app will help you easily discover the wildlife on your doorstep.
– Offline map of the Belfairs and Daws Heath Living Landscape, featuring 8 fantastic ancient woodlands
– Fascinating information about the different places of interest
– Sensory Scrapbook game
– Easy-to-use Field Guide with interesting facts about the wildlife you will see
– Audio snippets from the people who live and work in the area
– GPS tracking will alert you when you are near a place or a feature of interest
– Ability to take snapshots and share with the Belfairs Woodland Centre or on Facebook and Twitter
– Learn about the Belfairs and Daws Heath Living Landscape and what makes this place so special.
We are very pleased with our new App; the look and feel is excellent and the information and detail contained is interesting and appropriate.
Louise Morris, Environment Projects Manager at Southend-on-Sea Borough Council