Heart of Teesdale app
A location-aware (iOS & Android) app taking you to the sites that inspired the creative talents of revered artists such as JW Turner and Sir Walter Scott.
The Heart of Teesdale (HoT) Landscape Partnership is a Heritage Lottery funded (HLF) project based in Barnard Castle in Teesdale and hosted by Durham County Council.
Audio Trails was commissioned to develop an app that showcases:
– the cultural heritage of local artists, such as Turner and Cotman, and writers, such as Walter Scott
– modern artistic heritage through HoT’s Teesdale Viewmarkers project -12 modern viewmarkers placed in the landscape, and the rich (sometimes gruesome) history of Barnard Castle.
The app also contains:
– Maps and directions for 11 walking trails of varying distance and themes, with GPS tracking
– Fascinating information about historic and cultural places of interest that make Teesdale unique
– A focus on music and dialect and the importance of place to local people
– Choice of settings – change colours/fonts, notifications of nearby places
– Collect badges for places visited
Audio Trails have been easy to work with, patient and knowledgeable. Dan uses his previous experience to get the best solution for the client and deliver a solution that is fresh, easy to use and stands out in the market. Audio Trails have been patient beyond expectation given the number of delays elsewhere the project had which impacted on the app development.
Alex Kaars Sijpesteijn, Heart of Teesdale Programme Manager
The Heart of Teesdale app is powered by our GPS-triggered Welcome To…Native app software.